Monday, July 25, 2011

Surprise arrival

 So this is Shirley. She has been faithfully sitting on eggs for quite some time now. We noticed her little nest and let her keep it, thinking nothing would come of it. In the past she would sit for a week get bored and never go back.
 Until today! Evidently one of the chickens snuck in while momma was out for a quick snack and laid an egg! Today our duck became the proud parent of an Americana chick!
 Jane even came to see what all the commotion was all about... Okay I will be honest she saw the grain I laid there and tried to sneak some.
 Beck and Fuzz were checking on the chick tonight and I thought I would snap a pic of the two pals together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That's hilarious! And Oh-so-cute!! Is the duck going to continue taking care of the chick, you think? So sweet!

Jenny Savage (blogger won't let me, and some others too, comment anymore at all on blogs that don't have a pop out comment window. I have NO idea why??!)

Jenny said...

Ha! How funny! Cute, cute and now you have a new chicken!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...