So how long has it been since you made your own hamburgers? We haven't done it in years! We have been making pre-made burgers for so long I can't remember when we stopped making them. It has been so nice having our beef. We have never bought a side of beef. So we were a little nervous about the flavor of a grass fed cow. It seems there was nothing to worry about we LOVE IT!
There is so much more flavor and we love knowing what our cow ate. We know she was raised naturally without any GMO feed.
Moving on.... Jane is giving us plenty of milk. We sold her calf this past week which means we have to milk her twice a day. She really is a sweet cow. We have kind of gotten on a system. Her milk has so much cream so I'm looking forward to making lots of butter hopefully!
Tom's brother and his family came out on Saturday along with the Adams family! we had a lot of fun. The kids played in the pool most of the day while we all visited.
Fuzz is getting really big. We are trying to decide if we want to keep her or sell her. If we keep her we have two options. Number one to breed her or two to butcher her. I'm really leaning toward breeding her because she seems to cute to butcher but I think I will run into the same problem with her babies. Right now our meat supply is overflowing and she will have to be butchered in December or January.
No comments:
Post a Comment