Thursday, March 24, 2011

On my mind

My garden has been on my mind a lot lately. I'm trying to plan it so it will look nice. I ran across a picture of a garden lined with brick walk ways. I don't have any extra brick laying around but I have plenty of rock. I think I will do raised beds with large rock walk ways between the beds!
I was trying to figure out a watering system for the garden and the animals and this is one I'm considering. You collect the rainwater and use it for your watering needs. A lot of people use this for the water supply for their homes. Lord knows we get enough rain in the Northwest to do it!
Another thing that has been waying on my mind lately has been the large amounts of brush on the other side of my fencing. I really want to clear it out. I'm thinking I will need a brush hog. We have Salmon berries on one side and blackberries on the other! I want to get them before they start sprouting further into my fields this spring. It will be quite the undertaking. The kids and I started the other day but it will take us a while to finish.
Hope you all have a great weekend! Hey if you have any questions or anything you want to know more about just ask. I kinda feel like I'm just typing into space.... lol

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...