Tuesday, March 22, 2011

And we're back!

We went and bought a new laptop yesterday. Nothing fancy just a run of the mill computer. It works well and I can unplug it for more than two minutes without it dieing on me! SWEET!
I went to Sequim yeserday with Tom. I wanted to take the kids to visit Nanna and Pappa. We had a great visit. It was so nice to sit and sip tea while talking about our plans. I LOVE her New Zealand accent. It is so soothing. She gave me so many words of wisdom in my late teen years. I really wish I could see her more often. I love the walk up to her old victorian era home. She always has some lazy cat sleeping on the porch. If you go around back you see the chickens searching her yard for bugs. She doesn't take in any foster kids anymore, her and pappa run a vacation rental now.This is Nanna's kitchen. Always stocked with tea!




While we were visiting Tom called to let me know his van broke down. Evidently a hose with more than four hundred thousand miles on it needs to be replaced or it will blow up! So we went and picked him up and enjoyed a nice lunch and a cup of coffee while waiting for the van to be fixed!

While I was offline Austin turned 9! I can't believe it! He has turned into quite the young man! He has decided he is going to spend his birthday money on a pair of breeding rabbits! (He wants to sell the bunnies for meat) I'm proud of him it seems I turned my back for a moment and he has become quite a young man. The other morning I was telling the kids which chores I wanted them to do. When I heard Austin whisper to Becky "It's okay Beck I will do all the outside chores today!" I am so blessed to have my children. I love them both so much!

2 comments:

Tom and April said...

Awe. I cannot believe Austin is nine! That is crazy! And what a sweet lil man he is! I love and miss those two kiddos of yours! And what can I say about the van, the good ole van, it's always something. Miss yall.

Kimberly McKenzie said...

YAY! Glad you are back and we'll be hearing more about life with you again. I am always calling my husband over to my computer to show him your pictures of the farm. It's our dream to do that one day so if God ever allows I will be calling you up! ;) Take Care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...