1/2 cup warm water
2 tbsp yeast
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs (beaten)
6 cups of flour
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
4 tbsp cinnamon
- Dissolve yeast in water. Set aside.
- Mix together milk, sugar, salt, and shortening in a sauce pan over medium heat until the shortening melts.
- Stir in eggs and 3 cups of flour. Mix until smooth
- Add yeast mixture and remaining flour. knead for 5 minutes on lightly floured board until smooth and elastic. The dough may be slightly sticky.
- Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top of dough. Cover with damp cloth. Let rise until double.
- Punch down. Let rise again.
- Roll dough into large rectangular shape on floured surface, 24x10.
- Spread the softened butter evenly over the dough, leaving 1/2 " edge along one of the long sides free from butter for sealing.
- Mix together 1 cup of sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the butter.
- Roll up dough starting at one long edge and ending with the uncoated long edge. Pinch the seam shut.
- Using a piece of floss or sewing thread cut the individual rolls. (Run the thread under the rolled dough about 1" from the end. Firmly crisscross the thread at the top of the roll until a slice drops off.Place rolls side bye side in lightly greased pan. Let rise until double. Put a slab of butter on each one.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 Minutes. Cool.
- I frost them with cream cheese frosting. If you would like the recipe just let me know!
Cream cheese frosting
1/2 cup butter softened
8 oz package cream cheese softened
1lb confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Slowly add the sugar (this way it doesn't fly into the air)
- Add the vanilla.
- Dip your finger into the frosting and take a taste. Then take another just to be sure!
- Frost the cinnamon rolls liberally!
4 comments:
YAY!!!!!!! Thank you so much! I have been looking and searching and looking for a LONG time for a good cinnamon roll recipe! I will definitely give yours a try asap. :) Thanks for so kindly sharing. As a side note, I so LOVE your hutch! I love seeing it every time I come to your blog. :)
Oh yes, and can I pretty please have your frosting recipe as well? Thanks!
Yummy! I love making cinnamon rolls, and my family loves it even more! I love making the dough in the bread machine, it's such a blessing after having to make it by hand for years. Love the pictures!
Jenny, I don't use my bread maker really at all. It is really nice and works well but I have the time to make things by hand so I do. I know you don't have as much down time as I do so it would be a great tool! The one I bought even makes jams, cakes and anything to do with dough.
Post a Comment