Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My hutch

 The back wall is where he built my hutch. This is the best before picture I have. This was right before we bought the house.
 This is the same wall after I painted it green. I really didn't like having carpet under my table so we ripped that out.
 Here is my hutch that Tom built. He installed cabinets and raised the counters six inches. We laid some terra cotta colored tile. I love how the light pours through the window in the mornings and all through out the day. My kitchen stays nice and bright.
 Just to the right of the hutch is where my stove will be.
 The counter top to the right is just perfect for starting my seedlings! I'm so excited. I got the rest of my vegetable seeds in this morning and I am just waiting for them to pop up!
 You can see how my table is right where it was before. Eventually we will move it into where the living room is now and make that the dining room. But that is for another day! (hopefully not in the far to distant future)
You can kinda see the color of the tile and the wood in the back of the hutch. Tom built the hutch for me in about 6 hours. The painting took forever though. I love the crisp white it just looks so clean!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

LOVE it!! I love the country look. It's so fun to watch you personalize your home, as that is something I dream of in the distant future when we are in one place and have our own long-term home. :)

Mcarthur Mile said...

It looks so nice...I love the white. Your counters do almost some up to my chin though! Can wait to come steal stuff out of your garden this summer!

Amanda said...

Lol Mary I know! My counters are perfect for me though! I hope to see you more in the summer!

Jeanné said...

THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...