Friday, August 12, 2011

The new kitchen island

 So I have been looking up kitchen Islands all day trying to decide what I want mine to look like! I love the  white cabinets in the above picture. I also want some seating. Size isn't an issue since the space we will have it is really pretty open.
 Tom and I both love the idea of having a bench seat on the back side of this one! We love the cushions and the table. I also like the thin counter top. Our island will be used for prep work for cooking. We won't have any inserts in it at all.
I also love this one. I love the white with the extra cupboard space underneath! The possibilities are endless! Ahhhh what to do? Tell me your ideas if you have any! Oh and keep in mind we are building it ourselves so it can't be to complicated!

3 comments:

Mcarthur Mile said...

I like the top one, but i would put the cabinet underneath. I love that at my house, you can store so many apliances that you dont use all the time.

Anonymous said...

I like the cupboard one on the bottom, but I also LOVE the bench!!!

Mama Nuke said...

Okay for as much as you love to entertain. I would say the bench island. You can make the benches with lids like your ottomans that lift for extra storage. I think it would be the most practical for you all and it would def. be a good place for coffee and games!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...