Saturday, April 9, 2011

Saturday

Well our Saturday started off just the way we planned we woke up early and started cutting and wrapping the pig. It went really well and we were able to get a lot of pork!
Austin helped his dad with the cutting and Becky helped me with the washing and wrapping. It took us about five hours start to finish. It is so nice to have it done!


We finished the pig in the early afternoon and so we decided to go do some brush clearing in the back. On our way back there we noticed one of the sheep had lambed! This was a huge surprise considering we had no idea she was pregnant and we were going to butcher her in a few weeks! I'm so glad we didn't do the butchering early. Needless to say we had a good day on the farm!

3 comments:

I am truly blessed said...

Oh what a special treat!!! That is soooo neat.

Mcarthur Mile said...

How fun! Can't wait to come over. If I have to live in the city I can come out for a day a soak in the good life...lol

handstrustinhim said...

Amanda...I love the little lamb!!! You all have quite the famr going on there. What a life!!!I just love it for you all!!! I always grew fond of the cows too and hated to see them go to butcher..I will pray for you on that note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...