I love the book above. I've had it for about a year and it is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to having a farm big or small. If I have a question about animals, gardening, farming, or canning I pick this book up. I LOVE it!
I just borrowed this one from a friend and I'm really looking forward to reading it. I would like to plan out our acerage to where it will be used more wisely. I would like it to be orderly when you look at it from the road.
Bread... enough said right? lol everyone likes fresh baked bread. This is something I really enjoy! I have a bread maker that I never use because I love doing every step myself. I know it would probably save me time to mix the dough in the Kitchen aid but I love taking the time to kneed it. I love that I have that extra 10 minutes to think of all the blessings in my life. I love giving away a loaf of freshly baked bread to a friend. It is a treasure and kind of a lost thing. Our generation doesn't bake much anymore.
I picked this book up at a second hand store this past year and it has many recipes I would like to try. I love the fact that I only paid 25 cents for it! I'm really wanting to become more thoughtful and more hospitable. Tom and I love having people over for a meal, share a cup of coffee, or even just to have a game night. We are so blessed to have so many friends. I need to think about how I can be more of a blessing to them. God is so good to us isn't he?
1 comment:
What good books! I'll have to remember those! Thanks for sharing. :)
Post a Comment