Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sorrow....

My sister called yesterday telling me they couldn't find the baby's heart beat on the ultrasound and that they admitted her to the hospital. She was given some hormone to help get her cervix ready for the birth. We woke up with contractions around 4:15 this morning and they started her on Petocin around 8:00. They broke her water around 3:00 and after very severe contractions they decided to give her an antrothical and without any relief he was born about two minutes later at 5:39 P.M. tonight. When he was born his umbilical cord was wrapped around his little neck which they said seemed to be the cause of his death. My sister is my hero.... she is so strong and so brave. I feel so blessed she let me be a part in this birth. Please keep her in your prayers.

Caleb James Meyer - May 20, 2008
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

4 comments:

The Casaus House said...

Josh and I prayed for her last night and will continue to do so. Thank you for this post...how sobering.

I am truly blessed said...

Oh dear....how very sad. Will definitely pray for the family. What precious pictures. One of my dearest friends had a stillborn baby (full term) about 15 months ago and I had the absolute privelege of being there and photographing it all. It was such a privelege and a time I will never forget

The Browning Family said...

Amanda - I have been praying for your sister but also for you. To be apart of this is just so difficult I am sure. Your willingness to publish this post, is very touching. I cannot imagine the pain she must be feeling. It is a difficult pill to have to swallow I am sure - but . . . God! As scripture always reminds us. God IS in control. This little boy is with the Lord - and so much the better for it. That doesn't dull the pain and the ache of a mother's empty arms, but does allow for hope. I have not stopped thinking and praying for her since Monday. ANYTHING our family can do to help - is our privelege and honor. Please allow us to be a help if needed.

Jenny said...

Oh my... I have no words, I am so shocked. Do you know how many weeks along she was? Dan and I will pray for her and your family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...