Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Over the weekend

You can tell by looking at the pig pen how much rain we have had all winter. The ground is all muddy. The pigs sure are getting big! Feed time!
Me and my little buddy Macy... She is just so stinkin cute!
On Friday our friends came over and Austin got to play with his good buddies! Clayton even got to ride a pig. (unfortunately my camera was dead) We will have to do that again!
My poor pig after Tom tried to ride it! Lol
The Longs had us for lunch on Sunday and the kiddos got to play the wii. They had a great time!
Becky and her sweet friends Brittney and Megan. Such cute girls!

Wahoo we got to see Jess and Lucas for a bit yesterday. Now that they live in Olympia we don't get to see them as much so it was nice to swing by and see them!
This here is the beautiful farm from which I am getting my milk cow! So excited! Although it will be a rude awakening for her to come to my place which is not very grand at all!
They had a river running along the edge of their property. It was so beautiful!

What a weekend! We were busy. I met my Dad for the first time yesterday. I was a little nervous although I don't know exactly why. It went smoothly and he was very nice. We had lunch together and then parted ways.
I had planned to go look at a milk cow in the afternoon and it was about an hour and a half drive from there. We met up with the lady with the milk cow and she was very nice and informative about the cow. ( I needed that since this will be our first) Our new cows name is cookie. We haven't decided if we will keep her name or not. She is a Holstein. (black and white) and she is every bit as tall as I am! I am so excited!
Cookie was only 20 minutes from Lucas and Jessica's place so we gave them a call and they were gracious enough to have us over for a couple hours! We really enjoyed just sitting around visiting and drinking good coffee!
Whewww What a Monday! I hope you all have a great day!

1 comment:

DayPhoto said...

You have such a cute blog. I love your pig...I love pigs. I wish I could still raise them, but it's a little too much work for my age now.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...