Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Broccoli and cheddar soup



Broccoli and cheddar soup

4 cups chopped broccoli
1/4 cup flour
5 garlic cloves minced
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
3 cups sharp cheddar shredded
1 can chicken broth
2/3 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup whole milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a heavy bottomed stock pot mix garlic, onion powder and flour over medium heat. Add the chicken broth a little at a time while wisking to prevent lumping.
2. Add the broccoli and let mixture come to a boil. Lower heat cooking until broccoli is as tender as you like. Add the milk, heavy cream, and cheese. Allow the cheese to melt and serve.

Note: I found this recipe on another site and made some minor changes to it. I think the next time I make this I will add more cream and a little more flour to thicken. Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...