Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Couples retreat!

So we didn't plan on going to couples retreat this year but at last minute we decided to go. I am so glad we did! It is so profitable to spend time alone together and just get another reminder of how important it is to guard our relationship! David and Stephanie Lanskey were so good to watch the kiddos for us. We called them literally the night before and they whole heartedly agreed! What a blessing!
This is Pastor Houston. He did all the preaching this year. We really enjoy listening to his preaching and having him for our pastor. He is such a blessing to our family and our church.
My love and I! We have been married ten years this past month! Whew where did the time go? I am still madly in love with this man!
This was a nice little perk to our room. It had a full kitchen! I think next time we stay we will get this room again!
We didn't know what to do with all the extra room on the king size bed.... How do people sleep on such big beds?

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Amanda, your photos are great! You guys look so great in each of the couples photos! I'm so glad our pastor taught too... he is definitely my favorite teacher of all. THAT is hilarious what you said about the beds...because we had the exact opposite problem!! We have a California King size bed at home(not necessarily by choice, it was given to us by my friend Joy when she moved), but at the resort we had a queen - and oh my word, it was a pain! LOL!! What size is your bed?? Dan kept rolling over and rolling all the covers with him because it was smaller... we just found ourselves in each others way because we're not used to it! Ha! Isn't that so funny?? Great stories... we'll have to laugh about that at church tonight.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are great! What a handsome couple you are!! I have to agree with you, we have a queen at home and that is definately big enough for us! Any bigger and well you know, too much space!! Lol!

~Emily

Jenny said...

Oooo, nice room! It's fun to go off to couples retreats and stay in a nice place together. You look good, lady! Have you lost weight? Not that you really needed to, but I just thought your face looked like you had. I like your hair, too. It's been so long since I've seen a picture of you! Glad to hear couples retreat was a sweet time away and that you decided and were able to go!

Amanda said...

Jenny your so sweet! I've been working out a lot trying to get my weight down. Thanks for noticing. We had a great time and I am sooo glad we went!

Jeanné said...

wow!! A full size kitchen in your room!! Next year we are going to get a "better" room. We loved the teaching pastor had. But, both of us were not satisfied with our room. We were expecting a "better" room since we reserved the room so long ago. But, the room is not that important!! We were really glad we went too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...