This week we built a new coop for the egg laying chickens. Eventually we would like to have one of these for each of the breeds we have (4). This will due for now though. We were able to find a milk cow this week on craigslist so we had to move the chicks out of the barn.
Tom made a small door on the right side so I can open it up and grab the eggs out.
We used a screen door for the front. We ran out of staples so when we make it to Lowe's again we will wire that. I really love the door though.
This is our very back field. I'm hopeing to line all the coops up in a row so it looks nice and tidy. Maybe I will plant some nice plants around them.
Lots of eggs. Unfortunately I have one chicken who thinks they are tasty so I will have to buy some wood ones and put them in there. Hopefully that will teach her!
Spring is finally in full swing and we are having to mow twice a week again! I'm really enjoying the green grass and the warmth of spring. Tom will be building my garden boxes tonight so I will be able to plant the garden hopefully on Thursday!
1 comment:
Nice coop! Still waiting for it to warm up here. Hope your new milk cow works out! :)
Post a Comment