The kids and I went out and removed the large rocks from the pig pen so Maxine could come rototill. I'm so glad it is all ready for planting! We have finally dried out enough to where I'm not worried about the vegetables rotting.
Last year I decided to by a rototiller and till the garden. After a week of hard work I had tweaked the tiller and decided to take it back. That is when my wonderful 89 year old neighbor lady decided to come over with her tractor and finish it for me! So after all that work I proceeded to plant my garden not once but twice only to have Austins rabbit eat it. So..... needless to say I was not sad when the rabbit came up missing this year!
While she was over this morning she even took out this pesky rock for me.
In the back you can see the beginning of one of our chicken coops. We have decided to separate the four different breeds and give them their own chicken runs.
I figured out why my compost pile keeps expanding! My chicks seem to be finding some goodies in there!
It is so nice to look out and see the nice green grass. It is nice seeing everything growing again. eventually this field will be sectioned off for either the cow or the sheep.
This was on Mothers day. We decided to go to a local hatchery and check it out. And of course I came home with two chicks..... I'm thinking maybe it isn't wise to go places I know baby animals will be.....
No comments:
Post a Comment