Okay so here goes. I will be posting our evening meals what I have tried and what I liked and didn't like about it!
Sunday
I cooked a ham for eight hours on 200 degrees for the last 30 minutes I put a glaze on consisting of butter, maple syrup, pecans, honey, and brown sugar. It turned out delicious.
As the sides we had green beans cooked on medium for four hours with about five strips of bacon and a little onion. I seasoned with salt and pepper. Mashed potatoes and home made rolls which turned out very well! If anyone wants the recipe I will put it on here but if not I won't bother. We had some gravy for the potatoes and that made our meal. Nothing fancy just normal food.
Today we will be having some home made soup using our left overs from yesterday! So I tossed in some left over mashed potatoes, green beans, bits of cut up ham, carrots, celery, fresh thyme, chicken broth, onion, salt and pepper. The broth is creamy because of the mashed potatoes and the flavor is permeating my house! I am very excited! I may make some homemade french bread to go along with the soup we will see. That is it for now! Time to get ready for school!
4 comments:
Sounds yummy! :) I also tried a "new" recipe this weekend! I put two frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot on high along with a can of chicken broth and a packet of taco seasoning and let it cook for about 4 hours and it was delicious and very easy! Sides were fresh sourdough bread and corn!
Thanks for sharing! I'd love your recipe for the rolls...perhaps I can adapt it to work in my breadmaker for the dough.
yummy!
YES!!! Post the recipie for your homemade rolls! I've tried a couple and I'm not partial to any of them yet so anytime I can find a new one, I try it! I'm looking forward to hearing about your recipies, I can hold my own in the kitchen but variety is my weak point so I love to hear about new things that work.
Post a Comment