Tom has been planning this hiking trip for about a month now and it was supposed to be an all guy outing. But slowly one by one almost all the guys have dropped out of this little excursion of pain.Tom was kinda bummed he thought it would be fun. So all of a sudden I hear someone say "I'll go with you" and then I thought did I say that out loud and before I could say no I am not going, I hear Tom say "really?" and me replying "oh yeah I'll go." So here I am panicking. It is eight miles each way and on they way back the last five are up hill. We have another couple coming with us and so I not only get to die on the side of the mountain in front of my husband but get to do it in front of the most fit couple in our church!!!
So here I am trying to prepare for battle. Yesterday was day number one. One hour forty-five minutes and 800 calories later and barely able to move I am already planning what I am going to do the next day!!! I had no idea that I could be in so much pain! Lesson learned think before you speak!
2 comments:
Just for the record I told Tom that I would go with him almost any weekend he wanted to. Just kinda hard during the week. You should really build up to that not start off with it. You're gonna be all worn out by the time the hike gets here.
Hee hee, sounds like fun! Also, if it's the trip I'm thinking of, it's been planned for Carl and Jenny for a long time, it's what they do as a couple and Jenny was always supposed to go...when Carl talked about it around the other men he always meant for Jenny to go too. He just thought it would be fine for others to come along with them. Feel free to ask her about it! :) I thought that hike had 3 feet of snow on it? Or is this a new location? How long do you have until the hike to train?
Post a Comment