Monday, January 24, 2011

The days are getting longer!

This mornings bounty! As the days get longer we are progressively getting more and more eggs! It is like Easter every morning! I love how the kids are so excited to tell me how many they have brought in. It is so fun to watch the Lord provide in a daily manner!
Our niece Karma is here for a couple of days! Woot!!! She is such a sweet little girl and she absolutely loves all the animals! She was a little leery of the sheep but then she realized they were gentle giants and they became friends pretty quickly.
Our new sheep! I haven't figured out names for them yet. Both are ewes and are four years old. They are so sweet! They are our favorite animals...
My great little helper! She is pretty much awesome! I love how she wears her daddy's boots so she doesn't get her own dirty! lol
Fresh straw sprinkled about. They are so cute scratching it away trying to find bugs. Love my chickens!

5 comments:

Mcarthur Mile said...

Well next time you pop over for tea bring me some! Man do I miss having my friend close enough to pop by. And I am sooooo Jealous of your animals. The sheep look great. So we were thinking of maybe coming by Friday? Whatcha think? Hope you are having a good week. Look at all those green eggs!

The Casaus House said...

So...I'm commenting. Yes, look at all those eggs! Thank you for sharing and OH! I still owe you $3.00. I have already used my eggs. :) On a serious note, I really do admire the simple lifestyle you live. I want to be more like you Mander. :) Not sure about the milk cow thing though.

Jeanné said...

wow!! You can name your sheep--baba black sheep 1 & baba black sheep 2 ;) nice & simple! hehe!!
Your daughter is so cute!1 i laughed when you wrote she wears her dad's boots so she doesnt get hers dirty. so funny.
how much are your eggs??

Garth and Becky said...

Oh, makes me miss my lamb! I still have its sheepskin in my room. ;-) Your sheep do look very friendly and personable!

Anonymous said...

Amanda-just looking at pics of the hen house make me miss you so much and make me want to be back close to you. The sheep do look sweet and I love that Becky is such a sweet helper...Karma too. I miss you friend! Hey I would love some fresh eggs. Pray me back to Washington. :) I dunno where we are going to be but I am hoping on coming back one day. Love you all.-April N

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...