So as some of you heard I ordered some chicks from Del's a little while back. Our plan was to have 40 or so chicks and let the kiddos sell the eggs to learn money management skills and some extra responsibility. Well our chicks arrived on a Tuesday morning and the post office called to have us come get the chirping little box. We got them home to find one had died which is normal since they die easily. Oh they are sooo cute. And we were so happy with the breeds we chose! By Thursday we were trying to get to know our chicks and get them used to us when I got a call from the local Del's. It seems my chicks were in! Well I explained to them that the post office already had us come get them a couple days before. He kindly let me know that I needed to come get my special order chicks! So we went and picked them up all to find that they had so nicely put in oh about 8 or so extra roosters! So as I am sitting here writing this I have a total of 92 chickens! No it is not a typo!!! We have 92! That is going to equal out to almost 80 eggs a day! Hmmm.... maybe my family will multiply.....
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Chicks chicks and more chicks.....
So as some of you heard I ordered some chicks from Del's a little while back. Our plan was to have 40 or so chicks and let the kiddos sell the eggs to learn money management skills and some extra responsibility. Well our chicks arrived on a Tuesday morning and the post office called to have us come get the chirping little box. We got them home to find one had died which is normal since they die easily. Oh they are sooo cute. And we were so happy with the breeds we chose! By Thursday we were trying to get to know our chicks and get them used to us when I got a call from the local Del's. It seems my chicks were in! Well I explained to them that the post office already had us come get them a couple days before. He kindly let me know that I needed to come get my special order chicks! So we went and picked them up all to find that they had so nicely put in oh about 8 or so extra roosters! So as I am sitting here writing this I have a total of 92 chickens! No it is not a typo!!! We have 92! That is going to equal out to almost 80 eggs a day! Hmmm.... maybe my family will multiply.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is one nice chicken coop...wow! Great job!
Love it! :) But I have to say, that is not a chicken coup..it is a chicken mansion. :):) LOL! I love it! VERY nice!!
LOL - We are happy with your blessed mistake!!! :)))
Post a Comment